CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to all


Happy late Thanksgiving! As I lay here on my couch, wore out and still full...I'd say it was anything but a traditional holiday for me. I was blessed to have my family come see me and Chicago this holiday! We spent the first day in my neighborhood (they were...ummm...a little nervous the whole time lol) and then spent the next day and a half in downtown Chicago.

It was a first time for almost all of them, so we had fun sight-seeing (except for the small fact that they froze the entire time) and eating lots and lots of food. We ate everything from cheesecake to chicago style pizza! And it was all very yummy!!! We also went shopping this morning...and although we didn't find too many sales, at least we can say we went shopping at 6 am on the magnificent mile ;)

I was so blessed, because during this hard economic times, I know it wasn't easy for my parents to come all the way out here. I know they sacrificed so much to come out and I'm so very thankful for that. Not only them but my sister left her two precious baby girls at home with Josh and I know B&B aren't the biggest fans of spending lots of money on food and hotels. So, they all sacrificed a lot to come see me!

And, although I know they are tired and ready to be home (they are still on the road), I hope that they enjoyed their first chicago-experience and I pray that they know how much I enjoyed them being here, most importantly so they could see where I live and work!!



From riding the train, a scary experience for some, meeting crazy kids like Jermaine and Jameisha, to cheering mom on as she got us a free night, to eating cheesecake after we were completely stuffed, to trying to find the "Buckingham palace"and to staring at the spitting man trying to make him pop up only to realize we could see him from the hotel room ...I think they all enjoyed it!


I hope everyone had an amazing holiday. I missed my nieces and extended family but having my family here for Thanksgiving makes it one of the most memorable holidays ever! I love my family!


God bless you all!!

2 comments:

Joann said...

I wouldn't have missed the experience for anything, mainly because I got to spend a couple of days with you. Yes I was extremely paranoid about some things (my vehicle) but it was wonderful to spend the time with you and see a small part of your life in Chicago. You still amaze me. I am so sorry that after we came home I had to break your heart, mine is broke also. Memories of little Peanutt will be with us forever and I will always remember the whistle when you came home and seeing that little stinker come running. I think I could actually see a smile on his face. I love you and hurt with you.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I was able to come to Chicago & see where you live & work...although, it does make me worry about you a little more...you are a little too brave, by the way!! I love you, sis. Be safe & I'll see you in Tulsa on the 21st!