CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I hate snow

Okay, so I told my sister that I was going to blog about this and I am.

I hate snow. I detest it with all my heart. There are few things I hate more than snow. Since I've moved to Chicago, I have seen more snow than the previous 23 years living in Arkansas. Last year, the snow caused me much heartache, including a lost phone. This year, I feel as though I'm headed straight for more and more heartaches. It takes sometimes a good 20 or 30 minutes just to shovel my car out somedays! UGH!

I can honestly say, the worst thing about living in Chicago is the snow. Now, I hate cold weather, don't get me wrong, but the snow is worse than just it being cold. Actually, I'd be fine if it was just cold...but no, just when I get happy again that I can see the cold dirt beneath my feet, here comes another winter storm! All of a sudden, I can't wear any other shoes beyond my boots, I can't get up a little late cuz I gotta plan for the 30 minutes it takes me to wipe off my car and shovel it out...that is if I can even get it out! And then...I gotta hope and pray that the snow trucks don't come out and plow it all onto my car before I get out there!

One of the first things I realized that was different in Chicago was that the snow didn't melt! I remember when I was younger being so excited to get snow (especially since it usually meant no school) and then the next day, it'd all be gone! Not in Chicago, it takes days, sometimes weeks for the snow to melt!

Anyways. Thats it. I just wanted to tell the whole world that I hate snow. :)


God bless you all. Oh and a warm and snow-free January to you all!

1 comments:

Joann said...

Okay, this made me laugh. You for once sound like me. What have I been saying all these years.... Oh well, try to stay warm & dry....luv ya bunches!