CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Loving Jesus

Dear Lord,
help me to spread your fragrance where ever I go. Flood my soul with your spirit and life. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may be only a radiance of yours.

This was written by Cardinal Newman. This is my prayer today.

I've realized today that I haven't been putting on the full armor of God. These last few days, heck the last two weeks have been rough for me at work. The kids have constantly gotten the better of me, in particular one kid. And this morning, sitting here just thinking, praying and reading the word, i've realized that I've failed. And I will boast in this because I know that in so many ways, these past couple of weeks, I haven't been surrendering to God. I haven't been putting on any armor and how can expect to go to battle everyday without God's armor on? I can't. And, i've been trying. And I've failed miserably. I hate admiting that because, ya know, i'm Shasta. Everyone talks about how great I am with kids. But let me for a minute step away from that and say, I've failed and I'm not. I'm human. And, without God, I am nothing. So, I am going to boast in the fact that I am nothing without him. And boast in the fact these last two weeks have been...Hell in many ways for me. Why, because I've went away from the only thing that has brought me here. I had forgotten in not so many words to put on the full armor of God, walk out that door and remember that without Christ, I am nothing. I have nothing to offer any of these kids but Christ and his love. I will boast only in my weaknesses so through that, God's power will be perfect and his presence will be known.

Today Lord, I put on your full armor. I pray you posses my whole being so that my life will only be a radiance of yours. How beautiful are those words? And how desperately do I want to live them fully. Forgive me all for forgetting whose I am. Forgive me for stepping out these past few days without the Lord's armor on and forgetting that I have nothing to offer. I mean come on, I'm a farm girl from Arkansas. What do I have to offer inner-city kids from the ghetto? Nothing but Christ and his amazing glorious love. And, I pray my life, like Moses' face, will be a radiance so brightly seen that others will know I have been in the presence of Christ....and He shines through me.

God bless you all.

0 comments: