CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

VACATION!!!

Today we had our last regular season game. Our kids played hard, but they came up short. We lost 25-12 but can I just say, they did so good. Yakira (pic to the right) had 4 points and about 6 steals. She played better than I have ever seen her play. I think she may have a future in basketball. I realized today that the biggest factor with our team is that I have a total of 2 kids that have actually played on a team before...the rest have never played basketball in their lives. The other teams have players who have been playing for 2 years. That makes a big difference at this age. Anyways, next week is the tournament and ya know...most likely we'll lost but...miracles can happen! :)


In other news, my friend Lauren was here this past week. It was such a nice change of pace to have her here to hang out and to help with the kids. We got to go downtown a couple of times (her 3 times) and it was just a wonderful time to see an old friend and share my life with her. Here is a pic of us at the "bean" in Millenium park and us just getting done eating "Chicago-style" pizza.



Finally, TODAY IS THE START OF MY VACATION! I'm so excited. I need a break so badly. As much as I love my kids...I really need a break just to relax for a couple of days and to see my family. I get to see my beautiful niece!!!! Emma Grace McConnell was born on March 10th and I CAN NOT WAIT to see her! YAY!

0 comments: