CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

LIFE


Life is funny...life is interesting...life is real.

Since moving to Chicago and working full-time in urban ministry...I have discovered more about who I am and who God wants me tobe. And, there is a big gap between the two. Full-time ministry has a way of showing you your deficiencies and where you really need to grow as a child of God.

Everyday, I am shown and taught things...I am learning from everyone, whether it be the 8th grade girl who hates me, the 3rd grade boy who shows me what true joy looks like, the homeless woman who still sees life as a blessing, the 7th grade boy who doesn't even know what true friendship looks like, or our executive director and founder of Breakthrough who has every reason to be a bigot, yet still chooses to be the most humble-hearted person i've ever met...these are the people I work with, live with, and learn through every single day.

Life is a joy. Life is a roller-coaster.

I have a choice...to see my failures, my weaknesses, my deficiences and think...I am stupid, I am not worthy, and why am I even here? Or I can choose to learn from them, grow from them, and become the woman God wants me to be. It is a choice...a hard one, actually. For the path that should be chosen is full of stretching, tiredness, pain, and hard decisions...yet, it is a better path in the long run.

Life...

2 comments:

Kimmiej said...

Good word...great encouragement...nice reality check for those of us reading :) Love you, girl

Chris said...

Hi Shasta,
I'm glad I found this. I'll try to keep up and make intelligent-sounding comments.
Thanks for the link, I'll make one for you too.