CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

:)

Last night I decided to go with Andrea, Seth, Bill, and the high schoolers (mayors) to a profession-al soccer game. I don't really like soccer that much, I just really wanted to spend some time with our mayors since I almost never do during the week. And it was FREEZING and rained the entire time...yet we had a ton of fun. The kids, they had such great attitudes about it and decided to enjoy themselves regardless of the weather. We also got a "concert" on the way down to the game and an even longer one on the way home! lol They sang everything from "No One," and "Awesome God," to even some KAA cheers. It was quite funny (btw, none of them can sing lol) I didn't end up getting home till a little after 11. It was a very long day but it was definitely worth it.

I am amazed sometimes how Jesus chooses to reveal how I am working for his kingdom not just as a "technology program assistant". Moments like sitting in a bus filled with silly teenagers and seeing out the window 3 boys and a girl walking on the streets at 9 something at night makes me realize how Breakthrough is much more than an afterschool program. Moments like sitting in the van and listening to Sarah (Mission year participant working with our women's services) talk about one of our guests and how she is working hard now and not living in the center now...makes me realize Breakthrough is much more than a shelter. Moments like sitting in my office for 30 minutes talking "sports" to 2 players off my basketball team (whom otherwise would barely set a foot in my office) makes me realize this isn't really about basketball...this is about building relationships and showing them Jesus.

And I'm thankful for those moments...because it reminds me that I am here on earth for one purpose...to glorify God. I really have no idea where I'll be in 6 months. I'd love to stay with Breakthrough, I truly believe building relationships takes more than a year but it's not up to me, so I'll just wait and pray that God keeps me here or sends me to where he wants...not where I want. But, no matter if I stay here or not, Breakthrough and these kids...these moments will forever be engraved in my heart. The things I've learned, the joy i've felt, and the tears that have fallen is not in vain...wherever I go or stay, I know that I'll be a better person because I've been here!

(BTW, picture captions: the first one is of Lauren,Jonesha (Mayor), Jonetta (Mayor), and Jameisha; the second one is of JJ (mayor) and his "city", and finally the last one is of Boozie (mayor) and his little bro outside their house).



Oh, and I read these verses a few nights ago, please enjoy:

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?" Isaiah 58:5-7



God bless you all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plant's root is used in traditional herbal supplements to increase testosterone levels in men. The herb contains ethalonic essence, which improves the work of chorionic gonadotropin, which in turn helps increasing testosterone levels. Higher testosterone for the male sizegenetics triggers an increase of muscle mass, stronger sizegenetics, better sexual performance, lesser sizegenetics fat, increased sizegenetics metabolism, lessened stress, and improved brain function and memory.No, that's not only young guys within twenties who long to enjoy a bigger penis. Men of all ages are secretly asking themselves: How can I be making my penis bigger?.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/