CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

One Year Later


Today is the one year "anniversary" of the VT massacre. A year ago today 32 students and teachers were killed by a very disturbed young man. I can still remember the day it happened...and the immediate fear I had. 2 of my very good friends went to school at VT, one of them supposed to be in the hall where the gunman killed most of his victims. My friend, Brittany, was late getting to class...and as she pulled up to the parking lot, she saw squad cars everywhere, people running, and vast chaos. So, of course, she left...shaking and scared. She got home, turned on the television and saw what was going on. Thankfully, her and my other friend were safe. Yet, so many people lost their lives that day.


And I ask that you would join with me as I pray that the families of the victims (and the gunman) are comforted today and that even today they are healing and seeking after God through this tough time. I also pray for my friends and the many other students that had to go through the horrendous ordeal. I also pray for our lawmakers that they would begin to realize that stricter gun laws must be enforced and that too many of our students, college and high school, are becoming victims.


I read this girl's comment the other day..."we want futures, not funerals." I think that says it all.


God bless you all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.