CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things that make me smile :)

Cynical is an interesting word, huh? The definition of cynical is negative or pessimistic, as from world-weariness. In the past week or so 2 different people have hinted around that I have been a little cynical lately. And, after looking at this definition, and seeing the things i've written on my blog the past month or so...I've realized that sometimes I forget about the joy that I feel every single day and the utter, incondescent happiness I have knowing I am exactly where God wants me at this present time. I am so, so very thankful for being here...for being able to be a part of something that is so much greater than me and Breakthrough. And, I ask God...forgive me for my blindness at times...for my ability to not look beyond the present or the things that are seen. Give me eyes to see the future...to see the unseen and to know that you are GREATER than anything in this world...and you are inside me...forgive me Jesus for my attitude at times. Grant me the ability to see these kids and our neighborhood as you see them.


Anyways...I love my job and my kids. Everyday, I await (sometimes impatiently) for 2:45 to roll around so the kids will start showing up. It's my favorite time of day! I've decided to write down somethings that have happened lately...

Here are a few things that have made me smile these past few days...

* Melissa looking at me, smiling and saying "Shasta, you don't like me...you LOVE me!"


* Talking "basketball" with Keenan


* Sitting in my office for 20 minutes playing race cars with Zyliek :)


* Hearing Yakira yell at me to "watch" as she shot basket after basket at freetime (and missed every single one of them lol)


* Seeing Donquilis come to bible study (one of my basketball kids not in our program)


* Bria asking me to "come play" even though it killed her to speak to me! haha


* Elvalenna writing a 9 page story about Succeeding in life...her own future! (and it actually being good!!!!)


* Laughing with Boozie on the bus


* Hearing the girls actually ask GOOD and RELEVANT questions in bible study (first time!)


* Becoming closer to the older boys...they respect and like me now cuz "I know how to play"


* Losing time after time after time to all the little kids in carpetball and secretly laughing because they think it's a big feat (when actually i just really suck!!!!)


* Finally, every single day...being able to see God's love and grace in every single one of these beautiful, creative, and invaluable children...and knowing it's such a blessing to be learning from each and every one of them.



Other things (besides my kids) that have made me smile these past few days:


*Tennessee winning back to back championships


*The weather finally starting to warm up!


*Laughing as Mariko, Andrea, and I try to carry a 100 lb bag into her house....yikes!


*Not having to sit by myself at church last sunday (thanks Tati)


*Finally deciding to delete my facebook account...thank God!!!!


*Hearing Mesha's voice for the first time in almost two weeks

*Going downtown for the first time in months


*Finding my new favorite breakfast place (I wanna be a local!!!)


*Knowing Sara will be back in the states in less than 48 hours!


*Seeing Molight and Moet for the first time in two months


*Finally, God reminding me everyday how blessed I am to be alive and healthy!!!!



God bless you all!!!!

2 comments:

Kimmiej said...

Glad to hear things are still goin' well. Still praying for you. Much love girlie :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Hi! There are so many things that we all take for granted daily, and one of them is that Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins and that He alone is the answer for the problems in our society. If we can just lead those that are hurting to Him, then they can find peace, joy and freedom!