CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

the Diamondbacks

Today was the official start of softball. Yes, I practically coach anything I can! Today we took the girls to "opening day." It was a pretty big deal, complete with Mayor Daley and a couple of former pro baseball players.

We had a ton of fun and the girls ended up playing a "semi-real" game. A high school team and our girls played together...and you know what? They did okay. A few players really impressed me. For example...Cheyenne, Jameisha, and Kanika can all hit the ball pretty solid, while Maia is definitely going to be our short stop (she had 3 outs in the game). I think the best thing about the scrimmage is that now, Andrea and I have a better idea of where we will position the girls.

Anyways, they got to wear their uniforms (the Diamondbacks) and I took a few pictures and even recorded a couple of videos of the girls batting. Here is a video of Iris batting (yes that is one of our girls dancing at first base lol)!

God bless you all!!!

0 comments: