CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How are You?

This is a question I have been asked lately by plenty of different people. Everyone from my family, to friends, to even a couple of kids. My answer simply is...I'm okay. Part of me believes this and the other part of me is saying, dude i'm just trying to put one foot in front of the other without tripping.

And you know, sometimes thats what faith is. Putting one foot in front of the other. Walking intent on not tripping. In Hebrews, faith is described as believing in the unseen. Fixing our eyes on this unseen and knowing that even when we are absolutely unfaithful, God alway is. Max Lucado once said, "He has shown that he never fails, though there is nothing but failure in us."

I have sat here these past few days...trying to understand and make sense of everything thats going on around me and in me. I know that when I look back on my experience here, I will be nothing but thankful for the trials I've went through. For through it all, God has and is teaching me so much about me and more importantly about Him.

The joy of the Lord is my strength. As I go out today...putting one foot in front of the other, that verse resonates in my heart. You, your joy Lord, is my strength. I will not rely on my own strength...cuz we all know how that turns out...but instead...I will look to you, I will fix my eyes on you, the author and perfector of my faith, and I will as Paul said, struggle with all YOUR energy, which so powerfully works in me.

Readers, you are all in my prayers. God is faithful, even when we are not...

God bless you all!

1 comments:

Joann said...

Thanks for the blog.. Right now we can all identify with what you said. All of us should look to God for his strength, because we should be relying on him for everything in our lives. We tend to take up those issues and try to fix them ourselves. I will trust in him.....