CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Warm Weather!

At the insisting of my mother, I decided to write a quick post. I guess i've had a lot on my mind as of late and have been very busy, so I just haven't had the time nor the will to write. This past week was our last week of academic program (*tear). Although I was sad that the time has passed by so quickly, I was running on empty-so I was ready for a few days of relaxation and no kids. OMG, did that come out of my mouth? I know you are suprised but yes, even I desire a few days off. lol

It is Memorial Day weekend and it has turned out to be a very nice, relaxing one. Yesterday, a co-worker and I took our 3rd graders to the park, lunch, and a movie. Although we don't have the warm 80 degree weather Arkansas is getting, it has been nice, in upper 60s and lower 70s. I enjoyed being outside with the kids and laughing at them as they all tried their hand on the tire swing. We went and watched the movie speedracer...I wouldn't recommend it for anyone over the age of 10! lol

Today is Sunday. As I sat out on my deck (for like 3 hours!), I realized how much I've grown accustomed to and love the sounds of my neighborhood. Today, at any moment I could hear the ice cream truck's jingle, the 80s music playing as my neighbors barbequed in their backyard, the laughter of some of the neighborhood children playing basketball and riding their bikes past my house, and of course, the occasional police siren going by.

I grew up in the country...and when I say country, I mean country...my neighbors were cows! I never really knew what it was like to live in a neighborhood and although I do miss being able to just go outside and enjoy walking barefoot in the grass and not seeing concrete and houses everywhere I look...I love the sounds and the smells of the city.

Lately, I have been reminded that as Christians, God made us for community. I forget this sometimes because I am a very independent person and I really enjoy soldiarity at times. Yet, at other times, I yearn for friends and community...and I know I am "filled up" when I get to be around those whom I love.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. I know for some that means time to sleep in and rest, while for others that means barbequing and being with others. I do hope, whatever your plans, you go out and enjoy the beautiful day...



God bless you all!

0 comments: