CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Prayer

Prayer. Definition: an act of communion with God or a reverent position made to God.

Martin Luther King Jr once said "to be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing."

Since moving to Chicago, I find myself praying more and more. Throughout the day, I am learning to be in constant prayer with Jesus, for I need his strength and patience more and more as I work with these beautiful children. Lately, there have been a few children that have really been struggling. Either with their own demons or their families' demons. It's rough to see children at the young age of 11, 12 years old having to deal with so much stuff on a daily basis. Although their strength amazes me, I know a lot of it is the fact that they have to be strong, or else they will quit life.

These children, they need your prayers. They are such wonderful kids, with hopes and dreams, desires and passions, just like all of us. Yet, they are facing things that are way out of their control. Things no one should ever have to face...so I ask you, no...I beg you to pray for them. Pray for God to work miracles in their lives, to protect and guide them, and to show them that they are not just their circumstances, but they are precious and valuable for they were made by and for God.

Also, pray for me. As the end of summer studies draws near, I would like to be as refreshed and excited as I was when summer studies first started. I don't want to check out these last couple of weeks.

I love you all. May God bless you richly and continue to guide you to do his will!

0 comments: