CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rest...what is Rest?

I'm sitting here with one of our kids at the program. I can hear a couple of the girls yelling at each other about their "webkinz" pets in the computer lab. It's almost a comforting sound to me cuz I hear it so often. I'm writing a quick post because the girl sitting in my office is stuck. We can't get ahold of her mom, so we sit here, impatiently waiting for her so we both can leave. Which brings me back to the other girls, who are waiting on me...they are coming home with me after program.

Anymore, they take it upon themselves to come over and hang out any time they want. I tell them no, not tonight...and somehow they always manage to squeeze a ok, just a for a little while out of me. It's that whole boundaries thing that I keep trying to work on and it's just not working that well.

Rest...oh how I long for it! I realize how tiring and draining my job can be at times...yet, I know that I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I am blessed to love my job more than most. And, Im blessed because I am doing what God has called me to do, and like one of my favorite author's once said, there is no safer place to be than in a place doing God's will.

The phone just rang, the mom will be here in ten...I'll be leaving as soon as she gets here, leaving with 4 kids in tow. My back kinda aches and i'm sleepy as heck, but I thank God for another day...another moment to share his love with four beautiful children.

God bless you all.

0 comments: