CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Celtics WIN!


See I almost always go for the underdogs. I have spent many years cheering for those "cinderella teams." Many, many years of heartbreak were felt as I watched my favorite team the Utah Jazz get beat year after year against the Bulls. I still today remain totally and completely against the Bulls (sorry Chicago) and I am still a die hard fan of Utah.

Once I got into college, I became a huge fan of NCAA basketball and well, decided that the NBA was just a bunch of show boats, no defense...everyone out there to score as many as they can. These past couple of years, I haven't really watched much. And then this year came. And this little team called the Celtics who had the worst record in the NBA last year, started winning. And, I began to cheer for the likes of PJ Brown, Sam Cassell and Ray Allen. I wanted Paul Pierce to win after staying with Boston all these years, and then of course...there's alsoone of the most talented players in the NBA: Kevin Garnett! As I began to watch the NBA finals...I was amazed at the thing I expected the least to happen...actually happen. DEFENSE. Boston played defense. And not just any defense...the hustling your butt off, going after every loose ball, in your face kind of defense that WINS championships.

And tonight...after a 22 year absence, the Boston Celtics won their 17th championship! And ya know...I told my roommate as we watched these "athletes" crying and jumping for joy, I said, thats what its about. Seeing teams like these win...seeing the underdogs, the "cinderella teams", the players who have been in the NBA for YEARS finally win a championship. I'm not going to lie...it brought a couple of tears to my eyes! lol

So, with all that said...Way to Go Celtics! The dream came true tonight! And yeah...

The headline of one of the papers reads..."Celtics Easy to Admire, Hard to Hate"



God bless you all!

0 comments: