CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Random Thoughts

I really, really need a tan. My legs are so white, they blind people when I wear shorts...oh how a vacation to Florida or Tahiti would just hit the spot ;)

Tomorrow starts our summer program, I am teaching the "Tech Class." I'm not going to lie...i'm a little nervous! I really want it to be something the kids enjoy...or at least don't hate. I'm excited tho because it'll be the first time i've seen some of them since our school program ended!

Yesterday we had our block party. It was the grand opening celebration of the new men's center and we had food, games, music, and tours of our new facility. It was so great. We had a really nice turnout, lots of people and of course, a ton of kids. The youth staff was in charge of mainly the jumping house thingie. It was a hit with the kids...young and old. We had a couple of different volunteer groups help too, so they were giving out a lot of prizes and tons and tons of candy. It was great, though, and I had 2 kids come up to me at the end of the day...one of them said "This is the best day of my life!" (6th grader) and the other, an 8th grader, said "This is definitely the best and funnest block party I've ever been to." It made me smile!

Oh, and my across the street neighbors came and hung out at the block party all day. It was great because i've been praying for awhile now on how to get their kids (there are about 10-12 living in the house) involved in some way with breakthrough or at least let them realize there is a place like ours right down the street!


Hmm...more random thoughts, i've got to go to court on Tuesday...pray that everything works out and I don't have to pay a large fine!

I miss some people. Sometimes it hits me pretty hard. I'll see pictures of my nieces and it'll just strike me how much I miss them...or I'll hear a person's voice and it'll just bring tears to my eyes as I think about how long it's been. Or since most of my friends are from around here or at least in this part of the country, they have friends that live within driving distance...and sometimes I just think, i'm so jealous! Don't get me wrong, i'm glad i'm here. I'm so thankful that God has called me to live here and work in this ministry, but sometimes I just ache for my family and friends. I mean, just really ache for them.

I really wish they could come up and see me. Sometimes I think that if they could just see what i'm doing, if they could just meet my co-workers, my kids, my neighbors...then they'd "get it". I don't know...I guess I just want my friends and family to see my life. I feel so disconnected at times (maybe it's because I have no facebook lol) but yeah...I do.

OH, But...I can't wait...my best friend Sara will be coming in August! YAYAYAYAYAY!


Thats about it...I was sitting here bored on Sunday, making a couple of lesson plans for work and I thought i'd write some of my thoughts down. Hope you all have a great Sunday!

God bless you all!

0 comments: