CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

God's grace

So, yesterday I found out one of our mayors (leaders in the program) was caught stealing from Target. Now, I've got to tell you, this girl is an awesome kid. Growing Christian, practically raises her lil sisters, and just very mature for her age. Needless to say, I was shocked beyond shocked. The great thing is, she didn't get arrested, they ended up just fining her 250 dollars. I had a long talk with her today about it. She told me how embarrassed and stupid she felt and how she didn't even really know why she did it. She said she realized how she much she had let down her sisters and her grandma. And, her consequences involved quiting basketball so she can work more to pay for the fine. She also told me how so many people were shocked and how she realized how many people have high expectations of her. And, how she really wants to live up to those expectations...and that she WILL live up to them. I also reminded her of how that really speaks volumes of her character because everyone was so surprised that she would do something like this.

Now, i'm sure you are wondering why I titled this post God's grace. It's because God is amazing, because he can use someone's completely stupidity to show his grace. We talked about how God allowed her not to get arrested, because she should have been. She would have a record, but God showed her his mercy and his love by allowing her a second chance. He showed her how much he loves her, despite how stupid her actions were. And, not only that but God has used this situation to open her eyes. To show her how many people believe in her and really do expect great things from her. I truly believe that God is using this situation to teach her to believe more in herself and realize she is so much better than stealing. I'm proud of her. No, not because of what she did...I was very disappointed and upset...but proud of how much she is learning and growing from this. It would be easy for her to say, next time I won't get caught. But, no she is taking on her responsiblities and saying, I won't ever do that again. She even laughed and said, I dont ever want to go in target again! lol

Anyways, God is so good. She dodged a bullet with this whole situation. These are the situations everyday our kids are going through and dealing with. And God continues to pour out his mercy and love onto them. I'm so thankful he allowed her another chance. I'm so thankful that God can use anything, even sin, for his glory and eventually for our good.

Btw, if anyone remembers, back in October I wrote a post on a girl in 4th grade with a really bad attitude. I'm telling you guys, God is doing wonders in her life. She still has that attitude, but she is slowly changing. Yesterday, she literally came in and hugged me for forever. Used to, she would barely even look at me much less touch me...now she slowly is learning to trust and its so awesome.

Please continue to pray for my kids and me though. I'm still dealing with a kid who hates my guts but for the most part, the kids seem to really trust me. I pray as they continue to trust me, they see God's love through it all.

God bless you all!

0 comments: