CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolutions

So, i'm not big on making New Year's resolutions....but I've decided to make one...my resolution for this year is....


TO CHANGE THE WORLD...one child at a time.


Someone made the comment to me a few days ago, "you are fighting a losing battle." Ya know, maybe it is...i mean every single odd is against me. Every single odd says that these children will not make it. I am fighting their environment, I am fighting history, I am fighting generational poverty, I am fighting the school systems...yet, I am not fighting alone. I have CHRIST on my side...


I am reminded of Gideon, who defeated an army of over one hundred thousand men with only 300 men. That was fighting a losing battle...yet God was with him. I am reminded of Moses, who was a stutterer, yet God used him to bring his people out of Egypt...Esther who was an orphan yet became queen and saved his people. David who was a youngster, yet killed a giant and later became king and ancestor to Christ...Paul who was a murderer and yet God ended up using him to write 13 books in the New Testament. All of these men (and women) probably were told by someone...you are fighting a losing battle...yet all had God on their side and He used them to accomplish his great purposes. Now, i'm not saying I'm anything in comparison to Paul or Esther or whoever...but I will say, I have Christ on my side....and I have a purpose and a mission from God...


I, with Christ in me, WILL change the world...it may be just one child's world...but I will CHANGE THE WORLD....ONE CHILD AT A TIME.


I'm excited about 2008. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this year and see the amazing things He is going to do through me in the lives of the children in Chicago. Thank you Lord for using me, this broken vessel...this person who has little to offer and even less to give. Thank you Lord for allowing me to find my passion and to show me your love for these children.

I pray 2008 is a year of miracles, a year of dreams fulfilled, and a year of growth. May you all have a wonderful 2008. May everyone's year be filled with love, with laughter, with joy, and with a little stretching beyond your comfort zone. For some reason, I feel like this is going to be a big year. So strap your boots on, grab your bibles, and lets get ready!!!!!

Wahooo!!!!!! Welcome to 2008!!

0 comments: